Pages

Friday 24 June 2022

OO Gauge Fruit D in BR Blue

Modelling time has increased a little bit in the last couple of weeks and a few projects in the modelling boxes are moving towards completion.  I always find it a relief when I finally start adding on the transfers to a model and I know it can be used on the layout.  Recently, I finished off a Fruit D wagon in BR blue - to add into the ever growing parcels stock.  The wagon is sat on the Pottington Quay layout, which I am hopeful I will get some time to play with over this summer.

Finished Fruit D on Pottington Quay.

Fruit D in the sidings on the layout.

The Fruit D is the standard Parkside kit, finished with 3 link couplings.  It is painted via the airbrush, using Railmatch enamels and ModelMaster decals.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out in the end, although it must have been in the paint boxes for about 2 years!!  

My OO gauge modelling has taken a back seat recently as I dabble in O gauge; however, I do have a lot of OO gauge stock, so I am hopeful to get the Pottington Quay layout rolling quickly - in order to allow me to just play trains some evenings.  I am aiming to turn this layout into a continuous loop - it will probably end up being 7ft by 4f - or something like that, if I manage to make any progress with it.  I think there are a lot of advantages to a continuous loop layout- especially if exhibiting - it would really take the pressure off on the operation side to stop turning stock around in the fiddle yards. So a vague plan, although lets see how the summer progresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment