Pages

Saturday 20 April 2019

Another 12t pipe wagon

Over the last few weeks I have quietly managed a few hours of modelling here and there.  In that time I managed to put the finishing touches to a 12t pipe wagon.  This is another Parkside model that I built several years ago.  It has languished around before painting over the last few months.  As per normal it has white metal buffers fitted from the Lanarkshire range, 3 link couplings, and is finished with a mix of Modelmaster and CCT transfers.  The application of transfers was not quite right, but this is only visible on a super close up shot, so I am going to live with it for the time being.  I had originally intended this wagon to fit into the engineers stock, however, somehow it has managed to come out in a faded bauxite livery, so it is going to stay in revenue earning service for the time being.

Finished pipe wagon.

The underframe colouring is visible in this shot.

A few other projects are also coming to fruition now, notably a MK1 GUV newspaper coach with lights, a few wagons and Maroon Warship.  I also still have to finish off the station properly on Charlton layout ready for its first exhibition.  However, I have a little bit more free time at the moment - so plenty of time for modelling! 

1 comment: