Pages

Wednesday 21 October 2015

CCTs and parcels trains progress

Well just as the Bachmann CCT's hit the shelves, I have almost finished a couple of the Parkside kits for my parcels trains.  The first one was started by son before he lost interest in trains.  It is not a perfect build - but I quite like that, as it was a model we built together.  The second is the CCT with the plywood sides and I have also been working on the first of the 12t fish vans.

CCT with plywood sides showing the faded finish


I described in an earlier post how I had pre-shaded the wagons before painting.  Over this I have applied various coats of BR faded blue, and BR blue.  The two CCTs are ready, but the 12T wagons has had a further coat of faded blue on top.  I have put a couple of coats of varnish on these already so hopefully application of the transfers is not too far away, although I do have to pick out some of the details like handrails in white and also properly paint the underframes.  I also need to find somewhere with decent lighting to take the photos - sorry these are a bit dark.  I think that i will have to buy a Bachmann blue CCT just to see how it compares...


CCT ready for some transfers

Express parcels 12T van, showing the preshading under the coats of BR blue

No comments:

Post a Comment