Pages

Friday 9 October 2015

A bit of 0 gauge progress

My paint workshop is currently pretty busy, with a lot of wagons ready to be painted and weathered. Ticking over in the back ground has been the build of a 12t fish van, which is to enter service in a faded BR blue livery.  This wagon is the 0 gauge Parkside Kit.  As I was modelling an 00 gauge parcels train I thought I would turn my hand to building a couple of these wagons is 0 gauge.  The kit went together seamlessly and is now ready for a wash and lick of paint.

12t van ready for a coat of faded BR blue

My 0 gauge grampus is also progressing and has been the subject of a couple of coats of paint from the air brush.  I have made a start on the bodywork, mixing in some coats of weathered black, light rust and dark rust.  The body work is almost there now and a start has been made on the underframe.  Hopefully this wagon will be finished in a couple of weeks, all dependent on how much free time I am allowed over the weekends.  I am thoroughly enjoying this little venture into 0 gauge and just having one or two items of rolling stock to work in the background will quickly allow enough wagons for a small shunting micro layout to be built.....now how long until that Dapol 08 hits the shelves??...


Grampus wagon part way through painting

No comments:

Post a Comment