Pages

Sunday 20 March 2011

More on Amberleigh Halt

This week has been mainly spent playing trains in the evening after work. Working for myself means I do not get as much evening time as I used to, and modelling output has certainly declined a bit. This has also coincided with my little test track of Amberleigh being fully operational. As this is my first layout I have spent a lot of time just running stock on it. I have been building wagons for the layout for about 11 years, so it is great to finally see the rolling stock trundling about.


Class 37/0 hauls a two coach passenger service into Amberleigh Halt.

Two projects that have finished are re-weathering my engineers grey class 37/0. This was my first proper locomotive weathering. Although at the time I was happy with it, more practice on the airbrush suggested I could do better. So I had another bash and am much happier with the result now. It is now a permanant feature on Amberleigh!!

Another project that also finished was the weathering of a Mk1 BSK in regional railways livery. This had a light weathering applied to contrast with a heavy weathering on a mk1 NEA in intercity livery. This forms a fixed rake for the Amberleigh micro-layout. Currently being dragged around by the 37/0 for a bit of fun!! I will take a photo or two of this next week.


Class 47 taking a fertiliser wagon down to Torrington

Two other projects that are progressing nicely are the build of the Whale ballast wagon and the cct. The cct is almost finished and the whale is progressing nicely. Both of these should be finished around next weekend. Both wagons will be finished in engineering olive.

No comments:

Post a Comment