Pages

Tuesday 26 October 2010

Weathering mk 1 coaches


Did not manage another post over the weekend, due to a rather nasty computer virus. However, that is now dealt with, and I have managed to finish the weathering of my BSK Mk 1, in intercity livery. The photographs also show an earlier attempt at weathering an intercity rbr mk1, as a comparison (RBR on right, BSK on left). At the time I was happy with the rbr weathering, but the lack of weathering of the door frames now makes it really stick out to me. Problem is, now I can see it, I see it on every model. My recently finished NSE 108 might have to go back into the workshop......as well as every other Mk1 I own!!

Anyway, back to the BSK Mk1, running in weathered black into the door frames then a vertical streaking of very thin frame dirt on the sides was combined with painting then weathering the underframe. I think this has worked wonders (maybe I am biased!!), but I am very happy with how this model turned out.

On other matters I am hunting down some transfers for the walrus wagons to finish this little project. Then I will move onto building the whale wagons and detailing the class 08 and 20. Has anyone out there built a cambrian whale yet??..Also have my son for half term, so except for the time when I am working, I hope Amberleigh will progress.........

No comments:

Post a Comment