Pages

Saturday 5 October 2019

BR Blue class 47 heading for completion

Over the last few months I have intermittently been working on a the detailing/weathering of a class 47.  This is the Bachmann model, one of the earliest 21 pin releases, with a 4 letter head code.  The last one of these I did I filed down the window rivets, although on some 47 photographs these do seem pronounced so I have left them on this one.  

Finished weathering on the body - this is shaping up nicely....

The model still has a way to go until completion, but the main body weathering is finished.  The bogies need finishing off and I am yet to order the sound chip, another job for today. I need to reassemble the body and add the glazing back in before adding the speaker and the chip.  So in all optimism I should get this finished next weekend and I am quite happy with how it is looking at the moment.  A few other models are nearing completion too, so hopefully I will have a range of new stock for the next exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment