Pages

Sunday 8 September 2019

An 0 gauge SPV

In between working on the 00 gauge Charlton layout, I have been very slowly building some 0 gauge wagons.  I have finished a grampus and a 12t open wagon, to which I can now add an SPV wagon.  Like with the 00 gauge layout, I intend to build a small 0 gauge parcels train.  The kit for this is the Parkside kit and it it went together beautifully.  The painting was quite straight forward too, however, the transfers were a nightmare!! They had a yellowish tinge/backing after being placed on the wagon, which after all the hard work of painting left me feeling a little a deflated.

The finished SPV in 0 gauge.

Side view, showing a generic dirty finish.

This was weathered over the top of to blend in this aberration.  Overall, the wagon has become a little dirty and generic, far from what I was originally intending when I started off painting it.  I am not particularly happy with it now, but at least it is a running wagon that I can add to the layout when I finally get around to building it! So a 6/10 effort here, hopefully the next one will be better!

During painting.

The transfers left a nasty yellowish tinge after application.  It looks like silvering, but I am convinced it is the glue on the transfers.

No comments:

Post a Comment