Pages

Saturday 20 July 2019

Pevensey Exhibition

Today I am absolutely knackered after exhibiting Charlton at the Pevensey Exhibition.  This was a 'local' show, although for the first four hours it was non-stop and absolutely jammed.  Thankfully it did tail off a bit for the final couple of hours, which was nice I was fried from operating the layout solo!  For a small show I thought the standard of the modelling on show was extremely high.  There were some great layouts - although given that I had very little time to look about I did not take any photographs.  However, there were some excellent layouts there and it was a very friendly show.  Again I had a lot of good conversations with different people which makes the whole event really worthwhile.  Generally the layout performed faultlessly, although the class 22 needs a good wheel clean.  Other than this it was clean sailing, the only problems being when I failed to set a point properly, driver induced error!

The layout set up and running.

For this show I set the layout at the back of the trestle stands and put the front drape over the rest of the extension.  I also increased the height of the layout by about 8 inches.  This stopped people touching the layout and it also stopped them leaning on the layout  - so no repeat performances of last time and the demise of the class 45!.  So a great show, great fun but very tiring!!!  

Class 25 on the milk train.

Class 22 on the parcels train.

No comments:

Post a Comment