Pages

Saturday 12 February 2011

MEA mk1 and a grampus finished

Today I planned to add the second fiddle yard to Amberleigh and also a finish a a number of projects that have been waiting around for a while. Well everything takes twice as long as you think it is going to. I did not get the second fiddle yard even started today, but I did manage to finish a grampus wagon and the weathering of a mk1 NEW full break in intercity livery.



With the mk1 I took the carriage apart, including removing the windows, and gave the underframe a wash of frame dirt. I painted a dilute black wash over the door frames of the coach and wiped off any excess with a paper towel. I then put the coach back together, except for the windows and did some weathering of the coach underframe with frame dirt, roof dirt and weathered black from an air brush. The result is a pretty grubbed up mk1!!! The grampus is just a simple parkside kit, weathered with acrylic life colour paints and finished with modelmaster decals. On both these models I used the new johnsons klear varnish, available from Relish Models. The results are very pleasing and it is extremely easy to use, not requiring any thinning before spraying.



I made a little progress on the class 33/1 today, giving the underframe a first spray and finishing the detailing of the buffer beams. I need to add a little bit of colour to the buffer beam pipes, and then hopefully I can finish this off in the next few days. I have also put the decals on the walrus wagon. I need to add some handwheels to the walrus, then this should also be finished this week. Hopefully I will get another update of some more finished projects in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment