Pages

Sunday 30 January 2011

Amberleigh at Night with a 108 DMU


The evening DMU service runs into Amberleigh.

It has been a week or so since my last post. Things have been busy, not least starting my own business this week. This has meant that there has been little time for actual modelling, until this weekend. This said, I still managed to purchase a Hornby Class 50 in NSE and also a BR blue class 03, coupled with two Mk2 TSOs. I guess I needed a good luck present for the new company!!

Another purchase this week were two telescopic trestles, to place the Amberleigh scenic board on. I finished the soldering on the scenic board this weekend, and attached one of the two fiddle yards. So far, so good. It all works!!! I waited until evening to see how effective the little station light and buffer stop are. I hope the photographs do it justice. I think it looks fantastic and am really happy with the result. I ran in my class 108 in NSE with its lights on and took a couple of snaps. The station light is from the detail matters range. It has created just the effect I was after, of an isolated unstaffed halt in rural Devon, waiting for an infrequent DMU service to the big smoke (Barnstaple or Torrington!!!!!)


Waiting for the late train back to Barnstaple

Tonight I am going to add a couple of trees to the layout, add a bush or two to a scorch mark on the grass caused by the soldering iron, and paint the tunnel and steps. Just one more fiddle yard to add, then all done. A scenic test track all finished, and after a few weeks rest, I will start the larger sister layout of Watergate Halt.

Other projects remain seriously slow at the moment. The walrus and grampus are gloss varnished, ready for transfers. The class 33/1 is apart, as is the mk1 NEA, but there has been no progress at all on any of these projects. I also want to do some further weathering of my class 47,035. Hopefully, over the next two weeks I will get up plenty of posts of progress on these projects soon!


The class 108 pulls up the halt. It is a NSE 108 livery, it is not uncommon to see this livery this far west

No comments:

Post a Comment